Well, it's been 5 days since my last post regarding the 10' 2004 Gen IV picture.
Out of that post came some good results.
- Some good discussion in the Porta Bote forum as a result of my blog.
- Sandy confirmed that there will be more "improvements" to the new Alpha series over the coming months.
- People buying the new Alpha Series Bote today are aware that they will not be buying the best that will be available.
- Sandy assured present buyers that the new improvements can be retrofitted to existing Alpha Series Porta-Botes - I am hoping that the new upgrade will be a new improved transom, which has been an issue for me from the beginning. This "upgrade" will be available in 3 to 4 months.(Sandy says it is held on by 8 bolts. He also says that many of upgrades are not that obvious so I don't no how these can be retrofitted.)
- One lucky prospective customer was told by Sandy that he will receive the new upgrade free of charge should he choose to buy the new Alpha Series on Friday. There was no talk in regards to the 1800+ people that Sandy says have bought the new Alpha Series receiving the same offer.
- Sandy has offered to produce a "Real" picture of the Alpha Series Bote. (Not really a big deal but man that 10' bote could move!).
- Along with the improvements to the Alpha Series Botes will come a 5% increase in cost.(This is not so good either, but at least we know about it in advance.)
- Positive feedback from the Porta Bote forum on my blog. There was one negative comment, but you get that.
- A really good response from one Ozzie that opted to buy a second hand Porta Bote over either the new Alpha series or the Quickboat. His story and the reasons for his choice make excellent reading. Very practical. (I am hoping that he will paste a copy of that story in the comments section of this post).